The Industry’s Premier Gathering Continues to Grow
(Louisville, KY) – Topping the last two record-setting years, the 2016 GIE+EXPO (Green Industry & Equipment Expo) is even bigger. With more than 230 new exhibitors, including those in the co-located Hardscape North America (HNA); increased exhibit space – both indoors and outdoors; new education and big-name speakers on the lineup, exhibitors stepping up participation, GIE+EXPO participation from all segments of the industry is ahead of last year.
- Attendee pre-registration is running ahead of last year’s 11% increase.
- Exhibitor participation is up with 230 new exhibitors, an increase in space for many large-scale exhibitors and a total of over 900 GIE+EXPO and HNA exhibits, indoors and out. The indoor show floor is 80,000 square feet larger – a 17 percent increase over 2015.
- The Outdoor Demonstration Area is 20 acres, up from 19. It will feature some elaborate exhibits, including UTVs and other exciting features.
- More new product introductions are expected, with a sold out New Products Showcase and more than 30 exhibitors hosting press conferences.
- Hardscape North America, co-located with GIE+EXPO, has increased in size by over 25% over 2015. It is in the North Wing this year to accommodate its growth.
- Over 900 GIE+EXPO contractor attendees are expected to sign up for hardscape education presented by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute.
- Pre-registration for education is up across the board, and new programming for dealers, including the Dealer Day keynote luncheon with Jason Dorsey and two Power-Up morning sessions featuring Mark Mooney and Olympic Gymnast Shannon Miller.
- The new opening keynote for landscapers, featuring Papa John’s founder John Schnatter, is sold out.
- The new UTV University is expected to draw over 350 registrants.
- The Kentucky Turfgrass Council has moved its annual Golf & Sports Turf Management Conference to be held at the Kentucky Exposition Center alongside GIE+EXPO.
- Exhibitors are contributing to the excitement with a wide variety of giveaways, including:
– FABULOUS FRIDAY $10,000 GIVEAWAY – Every show registrant receives an entry form and instructions for entering along with their badge. You must be present Friday, Oct. 21 to win. Sponsored by Belgard.
– STIHL – One lucky dealer will win $5,000 during Wednesday’s dealer welcome reception.
– GRAVELY – One landscape contractor will win Gravely’s Equipment Giveaway. An entry form and instructions will be sent with each registration badge. The winner will be drawn on Friday, October 21 at 3 PM.
– CUB CADET – The PRO Z 900 is the flagship series of Cub Cadet’s new commercial zero-turn mowers. Visit the Cub Cadet booth 5116 for a chance to win.
– PROJECT EVERGREEN/EXMARK – Project EverGreen, in conjunction with Exmark Manufacturing, is offering a chance to win an Exmark Lazer Z-X Series Mower – a $14,000 value! The drawing will be October 21 in the Project EverGreen booth 10154 at GIE+EXPO. (Winner need not be present). Individual tickets are $10 or 6 tickets for $50; 12/$100; 18/$150; 24/$200. All proceeds support the Project EverGreen’s “Healthy Turf. Healthy Kids.” Initiative.
– SFA COMPANIES EVO IX GIVEAWAY – SFA Companies is giving away an EVO IX indoor cycle. Stop by booth 6018 to enter for a chance to win.
– ROBOMOW – Attendees can stop by the RoboMow booth (24092) to enter for a chance to win a robotic lawn mower.
– MEAN GREEN MOWERS – Mean Green Mowers is giving away a powerful, quiet, electric backpack blower. Visit the Mean Green Mowers booth (21090) to enter.
– AGRI-FAB – Agri-Fab will give away a Split Second Log Splitter. Stop by booth 7164 to register and find out how you can become a Split Second dealer.
– MINITRENCHER – MiniTrencher is giving away a new MiniTrencher. Stop by booth 22090 to enter.
For more Information