According to Kris Kiser, President and CEO of the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI), organizers anticipate topping last year’s record-breaking attendance. “We continue to work to expand GIE+EXPO – not just in size, but in scope and depth, and this year we’re pulling out all the stops with opportunities for dealers,” he said. “If you’re a dealer, this is the year you absolutely don’t want to miss.”
- The Dealer Resource Pavilion will move to a new location in the South Wing. This exclusive area – right on the show floor – will combine education for dealership owners and managers, training for technicians, a dealer-only lounge and Internet Café, new products and best-practice advice for managing your service center. In addition, dealers can enjoy networking with peers and a free beer & hot dog reception Thursday, 3:30 - 5 PM.
- Dealer Kick-Off Keynote Featuring Jason Dorsey, The Gen Y Guy®
Selling Across Generations: Specific Actions That Drive Sales With Each Generation
Bestselling author Jason Dorsey, known as The Gen Y Guy®, has been featured on 60 Minutes, 20/20, The Today Show and dozens more. In this keynote presentation, Wednesday, 1 – 3:30 PM, he will share research, ready-to-use actions and unexpected insights for selling to different generations at the same time. Sponsored by Gravely and STIHL, the keynote is free with tradeshow registration.
- NEW – Power-Up Morning Sessions
Thursday, 8 - 9 AM: Powersports Dealer Consultant Mark Mooney, one of the most highly scored speakers at powersports industry events, will share advice for achieving long-term success in dealerships.
Friday, 8 - 9 AM: U.S. Olympian Shannon Miller, a member of the “Magnificent Seven” team that won the U.S. Women’s first ever Team Gold in Gymnastics, will discuss “The Gold Medal Mindset.”
The $5 fee for each session will be donated to charity.
- NEW – The inaugural UTV University features proven powersports dealer training specialists, including Mark Mooney, Jennifer Robison and Ty Bello. Also included is a roundtable discussion about the state of the UTV industry. The program ends with Jason Dorsey’s Dealer Kick-Off Keynote followed by the Dealer Preview on the show floor. Free with tradeshow registration, but pre-registration is required for this program.
- Dealer Day Preview – Dealers have the opportunity for the first look at the newest products, including uninterrupted one-on-one time with suppliers during this sneak peek of the show floor Wednesday, 3 - 7PM. During a welcome reception on the show floor, 5 -7 PM, many of the exhibitors will host games, food, festivities and prizes in their booths, including a $5,000 giveaway sponsored by STIHL Inc.
- Dealership Guru Bob Clements has been called the go-to consultant for building profitability in outdoor power equipment dealerships. He and his team from Bob Clements International will lead five free dealership management workshops. Topics will range from leveraging the unique advantages of being a small business to hiring key employees and increasing sales through your web site.
- GIE+EXPO 2016 is again co-located with Hardscape North America (HNA), and all attendees receive access to the indoor displays at HNA. Access to HNA exhibits allows attendees to browse the latest in pavers, concrete paving slabs, stone pavements, installation accessories, landscape lighting products, segmental retaining walls, surface treatments and more.
- Tech Training & Certification – priced $30-$45 for each class – will be on Wednesday through the Equipment & Engine Training Council (EETC), which is also offering discounted opportunities for certification testing.
- The New Products Showcase will be a launching pad for new products. Visitors can stop here for a glimpse of the latest innovations and make their must-see lists, then stop at the exhibits throughout the show floor to meet with the manufacturers and test the products.
- The Outdoor Demonstration Area offers attendees the chance to try out products for themselves in a turf-and-dirt setting. Open 9 AM - 5 PM on Thursday and 9 AM - 4 PM on Friday, the Demo Area is just steps from the exhibits inside the Kentucky Exposition Center.
- The GO EXPO mobile app will be available in August to help attendees stay up to date and build connections. App users will have access to the real-time exhibitor list, interactive floor plan, and session schedule along with planning and networking tools. The app is sponsored by Gravely.
- Three free concerts will rock the Nissan Commercial stage at Fourth Street Live! The concerts are sponsored by Dixie Chopper.
The Crashers on Wednesday
Joe Nichols with Brooke Eden on Thursday
Wax Factory with Kirby’s Dreamland on Friday
- The Fabulous Friday $10,000 Giveaway is back. One lucky winner will be drawn at 4 PM, and the winner must be present to win the $10,000 prize. The giveaway is sponsored by Belgard Hardscapes. To be eligible, register for GIE+EXPO. An entry form will be mailed along with badges and will include instructions for returning it on-site.
For more Information
GIE+EXPO’s 2016 dates are Wednesday, Oct. 19, Dealer Day; Oct. 20-21 for all industry participants. The annual event is sponsored by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, Inc. (OPEI), Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) and National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP).