GIE+EXPO’s Early Bird Week Draws More Registrants Than Ever
Points to Another Record-Breaking Year
GIE+EXPO is the No.1 Resource for Finding New Products, Equipment and Technology
Continuing the show’s record-breaking trajectory, early bird registration week for the 2019 GIE+EXPO (Green Industry & Equipment Expo) was the biggest ever. More than 3,700 attendees registered the week of September 2, setting a new weekly record. A one-day record was set on Thursday with 1,776 registrations – 26% higher than any previous day ever. More than 24,000 participants are projected to be in Louisville October 16-18 for the annual event.
“Coming off of our biggest early bird week in history, every indication points to the 2019 show being bigger than ever on all fronts,” said Warren Sellers, show director. “Participation from all segments of the industry is going strong. Add to that the synergy that’s being generated by the broad variety of exhibits and exciting show features and this is shaping up to be our best event yet!”
Industry members who want to stay a step ahead of their competition have discovered that GIE+EXPO is the No. 1 place to see all types of products that can help take their businesses to the next level.
“The show is much more than power equipment. Exhibitors are showcasing technology, software, tools and auxiliary products – everything you need to do business in today’s market,” said Sellers. “In fact, with 40 companies exhibiting software and computer/business technology, GIE+EXPO has the largest concentration of software companies of any industry event in the country.”
Special features – both business and fun – also help make GIE+EXPO a valuable investment for attendees.
- Arborist Demos by the Women’s Tree Climbing Workshop will put a 40-foot tree inside the Kentucky Exposition Center and give attendees the opportunity to learn climbing techniques from a group of women who are experts in their field. The sessions, presented by Davey Tree, are sponsored by STIHL, with support from SHELTER Tree. Open to all attendees, these sessions are included with trade show registration.
- Attendees have the opportunity to win big prizes, including $20,000 in the Fabulous Friday Giveaway sponsored by Mercedes-Benz Vans and the $15,000 UTV Giveaway, which will award one lucky winner their choice of UTVs manufactured by one of the participating UTV Giveaway sponsors.
- Free parking at the Kentucky Exposition Center will allow easy access for all attendees and exhibitors. No more waiting at the gate means more time on the show floor.
- Turf Mutt’s Mutt Madness event returns for a second year, giving attendees and chance to take a break from the show floor on Thursday, visit (and even adopt) rescue dogs in Freedom Hall, through a partnership with the Kentucky Humane Society. At last year’s inaugural event, 11 dogs found forever homes.
- Lt. Col. Rob "Waldo" Waldman will present the free opening keynote, "Never Fly Solo: The Power of Partnership to Reach New Heights in Business and Life." The highly decorated fighter pilot has a valuable message about placing trust in your wingmen and building high-performance teams. The keynote is sponsored by JOHN DEERE.
- Brian Beaulieu, one of the country’s most informed economists, will present a Special Friday Report. This free session, "More Growth - More People - More Business," will provide insights on the state of the economy and how it relates to our industry to help attendees plan their businesses for the future.
- One of GIE+EXPO's most attractive features for exhibitors and visitors alike is the 20+ acre outdoor demonstration area. Attendees can see the new products indoors, then test and compare in the demo park.
- The popular concert series features three nights of free music, including Cassadee Pope, Easton Corbin and The Crashers. New this year, attendees can enjoy free visits to two popular downtown museums – Frazier History Museum on Tuesday and the Muhammad Ali Center on Thursday – before the concerts. Both museums are walkable from many hotels as well as Fourth Street Live!
GIE+EXPO is sponsored by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, Inc. (OPEI), Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) and National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP).